For decades, the Acoustic Doppler Velocimeter (ADV®) has been the preferred instrument for precisely-defined sampling of water velocity across a wide range of environments. The FlowTracker2 Lab ADV utilizes SonTek’s continuing innovation in ADV platforms to offer a laboratory version of the world’s best-selling ADV, the FlowTracker2. For the first time, the ADV’s acoustic probe and processing electronics are housed in one small, lightweight, easily-maneuverable unit, and the acoustic head has an optional, integrated pressure (depth) sensor.
- Let's Get Started!
- Optional Handheld System
FT2 LAB ADV IS RECOMMENDED FOR USE IN:
• Civil engineering, environmental, and hydraulic projects
• Aquaculture and aquarium operations
• Surface and bottom boundary studies
• Tanks, flumes, and physical models
• Very shallow water environments
• Settling rates
• Fish screens
Depth data are even correctable for dynamic pressure (Bernoulli) and altitude effects using SonTek’s patent-pending method. Setup of the probe and PC software is simple and mistake-proof. Just connect the cables between the probe and your laboratory PC or laptop, check a few settings, and press the “Start Logging” button. Data are output directly to a *.CSV file that is immediately ready for use in the project, model, or database as required.
The SonTek ADV is a longtime standard for accurate, high-precision water velocity measurements under a wide variety of flow conditions and research settings.
Output Variables Available
• Velocity X, Y, and Z¹
• Per beam (2 or 3 parameters, depending on probe configuration)
- Correlation score
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR)
- Signal amplitude
- Noise level
• Pressure sensor calibration interval
• Sound speed
• Raw pressure²
• Corrected pressure²
• Power voltage
• Accelerometer X, Y, and Z
¹ Z (vertical) velocity available with optional 2D/3D probe configuration
² Pressure and depth available with optional probe configuration
In three simple steps, the FlowTracker2 Lab ADV delivers robust, high-quality data right out of the box. The software interface writes data directly to a *.CSV file which can then be further processed, analyzed, or imported into other programs according to your project needs.
1. Connect the cables between instrument, power supply, and PC
2. Check a few settings using the easy graphical interface.
3. Click the ‘Start Logging’ button. See graphs in real-time.
4. Your *.CSV data file is created and ready to use!
Carry the accuracy of ADV technology in your hand to different locations within the lab, or even outside. The optional handheld system enables control of the ADV without a PC, making it a more versatile tool across more research disciplines and applications.